Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – The sacred promise of marriage, which is proven by a ring on the ring finger, is actually a bond that a husband and wife must live by as long as they live. Unfortunately, twists and turns along the way often mean that many of them have to decide on true love.
In the United States (US), a Forbes Advisor report found that as many as 689,308 couples reported divorce in 2021. This number is about half of the number of marriages.
Many of them have certain reasons for filing a divorce with the court. So what are the true factors and reasons that make many couples divorce?
Based on the results of the Forbes Advisor survey, the following is a list of the most common reasons for divorce.
- Lack of support from family (43 percent)
- Infidelity or relationships outside marriage (34 percent)
- Mismatch (31 percent)
- Lack of closeness (31 percent)
- Too much conflict or arguing (31 percent)
- Financial stress (24 percent)
- Lack of commitment (23 percent)
- Differences in approach to parenting (20 percent)
- Married too young (10 percent)
- Conflicting values or morals (6 percent)
- Substance abuse (3 percent)
- Physical and/or emotional domestic violence (3 percent)
- Different lifestyles (1 percent)
In total, as many as 43% of divorces are triggered by lack of support from the family. Meanwhile, 34% of divorces are caused by infidelity, aka other relationships outside marriage.
Forbes reports that one of the triggers for marriage failure is the goal of the marriage not being achieved. Most couples generally marry for friendship, financial security, convenience, health insurance, legal reasons, or the desire to start a family.
Couples who marry due to societal or family pressure are more likely to divorce due to infidelity. Meanwhile, couples who feel pressured to enter into a commitment are less likely to be able to maintain their marriage.
Then, couples who marry for formality and to fulfill the desires of the surrounding environment tend to divorce due to lack of intimacy.
Mother, take note, these are 5 characteristics of children that are signs of success in the future