Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – The Indonesian people will exercise their right to vote simultaneously in the upcoming 2024 general election. For the first time, Indonesian citizens who have met the requirements will take part in the Legislative Election (Pileg) to elect members of the DPR, DPD, Provincial DPRD and Regency/City DPRD as well as the Presidential and Vice Presidential Elections of Indonesia for the 2024-2029 period.
The government has determined that voting day for the Legislative and Presidential Elections will be February 14 2024. In order to provide an opportunity for the Indonesian people to exercise their right to vote, the government has decided that February 14 2024 will be a national holiday.
Minister for Administrative Reform and Bureaucratic Reform (MenPANRB) Abdullah Azwar Anas said that the government had anticipated that the presidential election would run in two rounds. If that happens, there will be additional days off.
“So apart from the presidential and legislative elections, if there are any second round “We will make our own Presidential Decree outside of that,” he said at a recent press conference.
List of national holidays and collective leave 2024
– January 1: New Year 2024 AD
– February 8: Isra Mikraj of the Prophet Muhammad SAW
– February 10: Chinese New Year 2575 Kongzili
– March 11: Holy Day of Silence, Saka New Year 1946
– March 29: Death of Jesus the Messiah
– March 31: Easter Day
– April 10-11: Eid al-Fitr 1445H
– May 1: International Workers’ Day
– May 9: Ascension of Jesus Christ
– May 23: Vesak Day 2568 BE
– June 1: Pancasila Birthday
– June 17: Eid al-Adha 1445H
– July 7: Islamic New Year 1446H
– 17 August: Republic of Indonesia Independence Day
– September 16: Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad SAW
– December 25: Christmas Day
2024 joint leave
– February 9: Chinese New Year Holiday
– March 12: Holiday with the Holy Day of Nyepi, Saka New Year 1946
– April 8, 9, 12, 15: Holiday with Eid al-Fitr 1445H
– May 10: Holiday with the Ascension of Isa Al Messiah
– May 24: Holiday for Vesak Day
– June 18: Holiday with Eid al-Adha 1445H
– December 26: Christmas Holiday
Holiday Schedule and Red Dates for August 2023