Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – Asus responded to rumors that the Zenfone line would be removed. The company denied this news and ensured that this line with ROG Phone would still be continued.
“We want to answer the rumors that the Asus Zenfone 10 will be the last generation of this series and the Asus Zenfone product line will be closed. This is not true,” Asus said in its official statement, quoted on Tuesday (5/9/2023).
“We will continue our two main business product lines, ROG Phone and Zenfone. Asus is committed to consumers and our smartphone business.”
Previously, Android Authority citing a source in Taiwan said that the Zenfone 10 will be the smartphone series from the last Zenfone line.
This step was taken as an effort by Asus to carry out internal restructuring. This process ultimately resulted in a number of departments being trimmed, including the Zenfone unit being shut down.
In this report, it is reported that Asus is still maintaining the ROG Phone. Employees who work in the Zenfone division are said to be transferred to the HP premium gaming unit.
The report is reinforced by a number of emerging signals. Namely stopped allowing unlocking bootloader for Zenfone owners in early August.
The company denied the news. They argued that the decision was due to the temporary unavailability of the required tools.
In addition, Asus was also found to have removed the old Zenfone firmware from its site. According to community moderators, this step is to ensure users are using the latest firmware.