Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – WhatsApp now has a feature that allows users to record and share short, round-shaped private videos directly in chat.
Meta’s messaging app notes that voice messaging is changing the way people communicate, which is why it’s now expanding functionality with instant video messaging.
WhatsApp says sending video messages is as easy as sending voice messages. The WhatsApp video function is to leave an audio-visual message without having to make a video call on WhatsApp.
Video messages sent via chat are different from video content usually shared via WhatsApp. The shape of the video message is round, while regular video content is square.
How to create a video message on WhatsApp
Here’s how to make a round video that can be sent via chat on Whatsapp.
- Open a private chat room
- Tap once on the microphone icon at the bottom right of the typing area
- After that, the microphone icon will change to a video icon
- Click and hold the icon to start recording video
- You can lock the button by swiping up, so you don’t need to hold it down to record video
Users can record videos with the front or rear camera
- When recording a message, the circle frame will have a running green line to mark the duration of the video
- When you have finished recording, the user can tap the pause button in the red center and view the recorded video first.
- After that, send a video message by pressing the green button on the right
- An instant video message will be sent.
That’s how to make a round video, namely a video message on WhatsApp. Good luck!