Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – WhatsApp is getting an update that will allow users to share HD photos via chat.
“Sharing photos on WhatsApp has just been enhanced,” Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced via the Meta broadcast channel on Instagram. “Now you can send in HD.” he added.
This feature allows users to maintain the high definition resolution of the photos they share with other users.
According to reports TechCrunch, previously WhatsApp was in beta testing with select users.
Earlier this summer, users looked at the option available via a beta version of WhatsApp on Android and the TestFlight app on iOS. This suggests that a public launch is imminent.
By default, Standard Quality remains selected. WhatsApp says the option is set by default to ensure photo sharing remains fast and reliable.
But now, you can choose to use HD quality to keep the high-definition version of the photo.
Steps to send HD photos on Whatsapp
Here’s how to send HD quality photos on WhatsApp:
- To access the new features, you must first update your app to the latest release
- Open the chat you want to send the photo to.
- Click the camera button next to the message field.
- You’ll see a new “HD” button at the top of the screen.
- Click the icon and select “HD Quality” before sending the photo
- And photos will be sent with HD resolution
- After sending the photo, the recipient will see the photo, which will appear with the HD label appearing in the lower left corner. The label reminds them that you’ve shared a higher quality image.
You can also send HD photos that are already on your cellphone via WhatsApp. here’s how:
- Open the chat where you will send a photo
- Select the attachment mark (paperclip), then select Gallery
- Select a photo to send
- Select the HD logo at the top of the screen, then select HD quality
- Click the send icon at the bottom right of the screen
WhatsApp still guarantees that all photos are protected through WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption.
The company notes, however, that if you receive HD photos, but with low-bandwidth connectivity, you can choose whether to keep the standard version of the photos or upgrade to HD.
WA is flooded with Eid greetings, this is how to delete automatic chats