Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – One of the most troublesome things when changing cellphones is transferring data from an old cellphone to a new cellphone.
Though, there are some easy steps to transfer data between Android devices. The first thing to do is to back up your existing device.
This data backup needs to use Wifi connection access. So, make sure you are connected to the internet before backing up.
Also, make sure you have enough time to transfer data. Moreover, there is quite a lot of data from your old cellphone.
Here’s how to back up data, quoted Pocket LintTuesday (22/8/2023):
1. Open the Settings app
2. Scroll down the screen and select System settings
3. Scroll down the screen again and click Back up and reset
4. Activate the Back up my data setting
However, if you are not sure that your data has been backed up, you can also take the following steps:
1. Open Google Photos
2. Click the account image at the top of the screen
3. Tap Photos settings, then Backup and sync
4. Enable the settings
How to Transfer Data from an Android Phone to Android
After backing up your data, you are ready to start sending data to your new cellphone. Check out the following steps:
1. Turn on the Android phone
2. Click start to start the setup process
3. Connect your phone to a Wifi network
4. When given the option to copy data, select Backup from Android phone
5. Switch to your old phone and open the Settings app
6. Select Google, scroll down the screen and click Set up and restore
7. Select Set up to the nearest device
8. Wait for the old phone to detect the new phone, then select its name from the list
9. Click Next, validate your lock code and tap Copy
10. Switch back to your new phone and sign into your Google account
11. Confirm the old phone lock code and click Restore to make the transfer
So that’s how to transfer data easily and quickly when changing Android phones. Hope it is useful!
Hit by Samsung, Xiaomi is increasingly aggressive in doing this