Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – Budiman Sudjatmiko’s attempt to turn away from taking sides with a party or in other words ‘defecting’ was carried out by Budiman Sudjatmiko in the public spotlight in the last few days. Openly, he chose to oppose the PDI Perjuangan in nominating a presidential candidate in 2024.
As a PDIP politician, Budiman refused to obey his party in nominating Ganjar Pranowo as a presidential candidate in the 2024 election. He chose to support General Chair of Gerindra, Prabowo Subianto as the next presidential candidate to replace President Joko Widodo.
Budiman was also sanctioned by the dismissal of the Ketum PDIP Megawati Soekarnoputri for openly supporting the presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto and declaring Prabowo – Budiman (Prabu) volunteers, at the Marina Convention, Semarang, on August 18.
Acts of defection by politicians like Budiman are not something new. In the run-up to previous elections, this has also happened many times. So who are the party cadres who have defected?
Besides Budiman, one of the most famous examples is Basuki Tjahaja Purnama alias Ahok who is known for his long political journey driving different vehicles starting from the Golkar Party, Gerindra, and the PDI-Perjuangan.
Apart from them, here is the complete list as quoted from the notes of the CNBC Indonesia research team, Sunday (27/8/2023):
1. Budiman Sudjatmiko from the PDIP Politician became a supporter of the Gerindra presidential candidate
2. Guntur Romli from PSI politician to PDIP
3. Bima Arya from PAN Politician defected to support Jokowi-Ma’ruf
4. Boy Sadikin from the PDIP politician chose to join the DKI Jakarta Cagub candidate team, Sandiaga Uno
5. Basuki Tjahaja or Ahok from Golkar politician became Gerindra and finally PDIP
6. Rahmat HS from the politician Hanura became a supporter of Ahok in 2016
7. Ruhut Sitompul from a Democratic politician became a supporter of Ahok who was promoted by PDIP in 2016
8. Haryono Isman from a Democratic politician became a supporter of Jokowi and Ahok
9. Prabowo Subianto from Golkar politician became leader of Gerindra
10. Surya Paloh from Golkar politician became the leader of Nasdem
From some of these names, there are several names that could make a commotion. One of them is the news about Basuki Tjahaja Purnama alias Ahok. Ahok traces from the Golkar party, then to Gerindra, and in 2018 reportedly to PDIP. Moving to PDIP, Ahok’s political journey to change parties is getting longer.
Ahok officially has a PDIP membership card (KTA) as of January 26 2019. It should be noted that news of Ahok joining the PDIP has been heard since he was still serving his sentence at the Mako Mobile Brigade Detention Center, Depok, West Java.
PDIP is the 4th party for Ahok. He was previously a cadre of the New Indonesia Association (PIB), Golkar and Gerindra. He decided to leave the party while still serving as Deputy Governor of DKI, before finally becoming Governor of DKI replacing Joko Widodo, who was elected president in the 2014 Presidential Election.
Party Hats to Prabowo T-shirts Start Flooding Orders on Senen