Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – President Joko Widodo or Jokowi is determined to complete a number of ‘giant’ projects in the last year of his administration, 2024.
Some of these projects are infrastructure projects. To achieve this plan, the President has prepared a budget of IDR 422.7 trillion for infrastructure spending in 2024. This was confirmed by Minister of Finance Sri Mulyani Indrawati.
He revealed that the budget had increased by 5.8% compared to 2023.
“The 2024 infrastructure budget will increase by 5.8%,” said Sri Mulyani at the Directorate General of Taxes Building, Jakarta, Wednesday (16/8/2023).
According to Sri Mulyani, there are a number of infrastructure projects that will receive state budget funds next year. For example, Rp 213.7 trillion has been allocated for Ministry/Agency Expenditure for regional roads, construction of the National Public Institute, renovation of stadiums, as well as education and health infrastructure.
“For the completion of PSN (National Strategic Projects), implementation of road instructions, IKN, and construction of football stadiums in various regions according to the President’s target as well as for education and health infrastructure,” he said.
Meanwhile, to continue the completion of PSN in 2024, a budget of IDR 45.7 trillion has been provided. Following is a list of the 2024 major projects included in the PSN:
– Management of natural disasters in the cities of Palu, NTT and Cianjur Rp. 0.16 trillion.
– Arrangement of the 2023 ASEAN Summit IDR 0.17 trillion.
– Renovation of sports facilities and infrastructure of IDR 0.14 trillion.
– Support for the Batang integrated industrial area of IDR 0.70 trillion.
– Support for the construction of the Trans Sumatra Toll Road Rp. 2.5 trillion
– Development of IKN IDR 5.61 trillion.
– Implementation of the Presidential Instruction on regional roads of IDR 7.44 trillion.
– SBSN launch of Rp 2.07 trillion.
– Acceleration of PHLN IDR 10.27 trillion.
– Management of the Cianjur natural disaster by the Directorate General of Housing Rp 0.09 trillion.
Guessing the fate of PSN after Jokowi steps down in 2024